Monday, January 16, 2012

FIRST ENCOUNTER

In the beginning, this is for real it was probably 1959 and I was 8 years old. My Mom was in the hospital having surgery and my sister and  I were staying with my cousin. Well the three of us decided we wanted a cigarette. So we found some cigarettes and we smoked them, and we thought we were the coolest three girls ever. Well we went to the bathroom and my cousin had put the cigarettes in her pocket so she decided she needed to empty the tobacco out of her pocket so we would not get caught. Guess what we didn't flush the commode we were caught, although we didn't know it for a few days.
So in a few days Dad brings Mom home from the hospital gets her settled in and calls my sister and I into the kitchen. Oh Dad smoked too, non filter Camels, probably one of the strongest cigarettes made back then. If you are too young, back then Camel cigarettes slogan was "I will walk a mile for a Camel." Now back to the kitchen Dad made us smoke a whole package of non filter Camel cigarettes until the pack was gone non stop. We were gagging, drooling, and I am pretty sure we were green in color. On that day I said I would never ever smoke in my life. I would have that day not walked a foot for a Camel or no other cigarette. WRONG!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment