Friday, February 24, 2012

EVERY INCH A LADY

Kinda catchy, well when I was 20 we had gone to a club in our cute mini skirts, hot pants, gogo boots and our Eve cigarettes. They were as long as a pencil with pretty flowers around the filter. And their logo was "Every Inch a Lady" and "Finally a Cigarette as Pretty as You." Of  course in the 70's that was cool. So this is when I really got hooked. I smoked the Eve for about 4 years and then started smoking Salem "Refreshing as Springtime", their ads. They were menthol of course and I'm pretty sure they are the culprits that made it so difficult to put down. I stopped for awhile when I was pregnant with my first child only because they made me sick. When I became pregnant with  the second child I smoked the whole nine months. To this day she thinks I stunted her growth. She is really short which runs in her father's side of the family. Smoking could have been a little of the reason though. The third child I smoked the whole nine months too.

My Dad smoked too, he would tell my sister and I that those Kool cigarettes were gonna kill us, even though they were Salem. Although, if he had a cold he would bum one. I decided to get a new cigarette that wasn't as strong as Salem and non-menthol "You've Come a Long Way Baby", Virginia Slim Lights logo. Going from a menthol cigarette to a regular one was very hard to do. I thought they weren't as harmful to my lungs. The lightest of lightest is harmful to your lungs and the people around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment